Notice of Appointment Postponements
Due to the holiday announcement, all non-immigrant visa appointments for Monday, August 31 will be rescheduled. U.S. Embassy Tashkent is contacting affected applicants via the contact information provided on their applications to inform them of the change. We apologize for any inconvenience.
All applicants for nonimmigrant visas are encouraged to plan their travel in advance and apply for their visas as early as possible. Applicants must read the general information on how to apply for nonimmigrant visas on our webpage and prepare all required documents.
Nonimmigrant visa applicants are accepted on an appointment basis. Appointments are scheduled through our Online Appointment System. To see the current visa wait times at the Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in Tashkent, please see the webpage of the Bureau of Consular Affairs.
The Consular Section has established a special group processing procedure for groups of six or more applicants. This process involves submitting documents in advance and, therefore, leaders of such groups are encouraged to contact the Consular Section as early before their planned date of travel as possible. Applicants applying in groups of six or more should contact the Consular Section via e-mail at email@example.com. In the email, group leaders must provide the following information:
- The number of individuals in their group
- How the group members are associated with one another
- Specific purpose of travel to the U.S.
Groups organized for tourism will not be accepted for group processing.
The Consular Section considers expedited appointment requests for residents of Uzbekistan with biometric passports. Expedited appointments may be available for travel related to medical emergencies, applicants with other urgent travel needs, as well as for applicants for student (F-1, J-1, M-1) and temporary worker (H1, L, P) visas.
To request an expedited appointment:
(1) Fill out an electronic application form (DS-160).
(2) Select an appointment date through our Online Appointment System. Without an existing appointment, an expedited appointment cannot be approved.
(3) Contact the Consular Section by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) and provide your personal and passport information, existing appointment date/time and application barcode, and a short summary explaining the urgency of your application. All e-mail requests are processed within three business days.
(4) Note that if you have recently been refused for the same purpose of travel and there has been no change in your circumstances, your appointment request is unlikely to be expedited.
Third Country Nationals
The U.S. Embassy in Tashkent conducts visa interviews with citizens of Iran and other third-country nationals who are not residents of Uzbekistan only on Mondays at 10:30. Third-country nationals are those people who are not citizens of Uzbekistan.
The U.S. Embassies in Ankara, Turkey and Dubai, United Arab Emirates are staffed as Non-Immigrant Visa interviewing posts for Iranian applicants with Farsi speaking Consular Officers who are familiar with conditions within Iran. More information about how to apply at those Embassies, including interview wait times, can be found here: http://usvisa-info.com/en-IR/selfservice/ss_country_welcome. Please be aware that applying at another embassy other than the two listed above may make it difficult to demonstrate one’s qualifications for a visa. The U.S. Embassy in Tashkent encourages all citizens of Iran to apply at those two locations.
The Iranian applicants who do not speak English, Uzbek or Russian will not be interviewed in Tashkent, Uzbekistan even if they have confirmed appointments.
Applicants must send a request for an appointment for each applicant to email@example.com in English using the following instructions:
- DS-160 confirmation barcode number as the e-mail subject line.
- Include applicant's full name as written in his passport, date of birth, passport number, and languages spoken.
- The e-mail must come from the e-mail address listed on the DS-160 form.
- One e-mail per applicant.
- Students wishing to apply in Tashkent must provide SEVIS ID number in their E-mail messages.
Appointment e-mails will be accepted every Tuesday after 09:00 AM (Tashkent, Uzbekistan time).
Appointment e-mails will not be accepted more than two months in advance of the date requested. Interview slots will be assigned in the order the request is received. Once all interview slots have been allocated, no further e-mail requests will be accepted. Failure to follow these instructions will result in your request not being approved.
The U.S. Embassy in Tashkent will send to you directly an e-mail confirmation with your appointment time. Only those applicants who receive an interview appointment will receive an e-mail confirmation. Follow up emails will not be answered.
If you make a visa appointment via the on-line appointment system for any other day, it will be cancelled without any notification. If you appear without an e-mail from the Consular Section confirming your appointment, you will not be admitted into the U.S. Embassy. If you would like to reschedule a confirmed visa appointment please send an e-mail request to the address above by either forwarding or replying to the email you received confirming your appointment. Rescheduling e-mails will be accepted at any time.
Please note: Applicants must use the new electronic application form DS-160 to apply for nonimmigrant visas. Please see our special page about the application form DS-160. The Form DS-160 is available for use at http://ceac.state.gov/genniv. Form DS-160 is mandatory for all nonimmigrant visa applications effective April 30, 2010.
Apply for Visa
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.